Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering an HDMI extender, serial number is not accepted

Jump to solution

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I am trying to order an HDMI extender, serial number is not accepted

Jump to solution

This usually happens when you don't enter your serial number exactly. The most common mistake is mixing up the letter L and the number 1. The next is the letter O and number Zero (0). Notice the letter is more round than the number (move oval). The best way to ensure you have the serial number correct is to log into your Roku user account and copy the serial number from your devices list and paste it into the web page. 

Remember the HDMI extender is only for Roku Stick players, which as the players that plug directly into the HDMI port without using a cable. If you enter a serial number for any other Roku device, it will reject as well.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092

Jump to solution

This usually happens when you don't enter your serial number exactly. The most common mistake is mixing up the letter L and the number 1. The next is the letter O and number Zero (0). Notice the letter is more round than the number (move oval). The best way to ensure you have the serial number correct is to log into your Roku user account and copy the serial number from your devices list and paste it into the web page. 

Remember the HDMI extender is only for Roku Stick players, which as the players that plug directly into the HDMI port without using a cable. If you enter a serial number for any other Roku device, it will reject as well.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@Marilyn8984-

There's nothing special about the Roku HDMI extension, it's just a short (4 inches or so) HDMI cord with an HDMI plug at one end and an HDMI socket at the other.  I use a non-Roku one several feet long to locate my Streaming Stick in an equipment closet on the other side of the wall from my TV.

You may be able to find an HDMI extension locally and not have to wait for someone to ship it to you.   Alternately, you can use a standard male-to-male HDMI cord and connect it to the Streaming Stick with a female-female HDMI connecter.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.