Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larksmom
Reel Rookie

Old roku won't work tv has no port for a new device

I am switching from Dish and have an old roku. I plugged it into my tv, also old and it doesn't want to work. I cannot switch to the newer type connection because the tv doen't have the right port. I am not opposed to buying one, but the stick will not work with this tv. It is an old  Polaroid. Tv works fine.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Old roku won't work tv has no port for a new device

If you insist on holding on to that old TV, you need something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Composite-Converter-Supports-Chromecast-DVD-Black/dp/B0732NF969/

These things are hit and miss and you may not be completely satisfied as the picture may be distorted or have black bars added to fit on the screen.

Whatever you do don't pay some sleazebag $100+ for a several years old Roku with RCA connections.  Put that money towards a new TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
larksmom
Reel Rookie

Re: Old roku won't work tv has no port for a new device

thank you for the reply. There is nothing wrong with the tv, the picture is fine, but I have had DISH for over 15 years and it has worked fine-until this week when it quit working. Customer service has disappeared too. So I have NO TV right now. My old roku has the old plug in as does the tv. I am not opposed to getting a new roku but I need a plug in that will work with the tv.

0 Kudos