Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cn133
Reel Rookie

[OS 10.5] Roku TV - Device keeps restarting

My device only get to the language selection page, sometimes it allows me to enter wifi code, sometimes it gets through to a channel selection. But Always it resets itself automatically. It is version 10.5. 

I have bought new power cables, hard rest. Nothing works. 

Please help, it is very hard to get a hold of anyone from Roku regarding this issue. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] Roku TV - Device keeps restarting

Hi @cn133

Thanks for the post.

First off, how are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into a wall outlet? We would recommend the latter.

In addition, I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can finish updating the device and finish setting up your Roku. Then once your device is set up, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
cn133
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the fast reply!

Yes the tv is plugged into the wall. 

I tried the hotspot method you suggested to register the device again.

Then reconnected to home wifi. 

The tv is running v10.5.

It now turns off and restarts every 20-30 seconds, loading to the Home Screen then off again.

if I load an app it restarts straight away, the tv is not usable like this.

The internet signal is ‘excellent’ 

Any other advice please? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Hi @cn133

Thanks for the post.

Please provide us with the following information for further investigation:

• Roku device model
  • Serial number
  • Device ID
  • Software OS/version
    (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have all the information needed will forward this to the right team.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
cn133
Reel Rookie

Thanks Irene,

device: 8116X

TCL model:32S327-CA

serial: YK006J189077

device Id:JDA996189077

software version: 10.5.0 build 4191-48

I turn on the Tv. Load up any app, say netflix. (it doesn’t happen on any single specific app) Tv restarts and loads back to the Home Screen. 30 seconds later, the device restarts from the Home Screen with no interaction. The issue is not being caused by a single app being used. It won’t even stay on the Home Screen. 

Same issue replicated via an HDMI connection. Apple TV connected. Turn on Roku device, click HDMI, load an app from the Apple TV and the Roku TV restarts. 

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

@cn133

Thanks for the information you have provided, I will pass along all the information to the appropriate team to investigate further.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos