Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMaxineK
Reel Rookie

Not allowing me to connect remote

Jump to solution

My audio went out after my internet crashed and after reading about similar situations, I decided to reset using the button on the device. After resetting, it’s not allowing me to pair the remote. The “choose language” will appear but nothing is happens. Then the screen that shows the pair remote screen appears but I’ve been ding asleep the picture says but nothing changes. I’ve been trying everything for hours

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not allowing me to connect remote

Jump to solution

We don't know what "everything" means, but don't rule out the batteries as the problem.  I've seen batteries that work fine once the remote is paired not be strong enough to get the remote paired in the first place.  Does the pairing light on the remote flash when you press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote or inside the battery compartment for several seconds?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

We don't know what "everything" means, but don't rule out the batteries as the problem.  I've seen batteries that work fine once the remote is paired not be strong enough to get the remote paired in the first place.  Does the pairing light on the remote flash when you press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote or inside the battery compartment for several seconds?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JMaxineK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

At first, the light would flash and remain solid while the screen would show what seems like a loading screen but after a while, it stopped. Now all it does is flash. 

0 Kudos