Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No Link Code displayed on my tv for setup.

@Motorboat08 Interesting. That would infer that the browser cache was retaining data that was interfering with the activation process. Nice solution!

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
K8Y1988

Thank you so much for this!

@Motorboat08 wrote:

I faced this same issue activating a number of new streaming sticks and I was able to resolve by opening the activation links in a "private" or "incognito" tab.  

I initially spent a couple hours setting up the first Roku going through restarts and resetting a bunch of times, then I finally decided to start with a clean browser session by copying the activation link from the email and pasting it into an incognito window in chrome.  Worked every time for the next couple of streaming sticks that I was activating.

--Richard

0 Kudos

No subscription code

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Kelvinwhite exactly where are you looking for this? Roku themselves have no subscription codes. When you first set up a new Roku, you enter an email address and you receive an email with a link to add this device to your Roku user account. If you're inside another channel looking for a sub code, you need to be more specific about what you're trying to do.

Dan

0 Kudos
Awill63

No link code on my tv

0 Kudos
atc98092

@Awill63 Roku doesn't give a link code during setup any longer. They now ask you to enter your Roku user account email address, and they send you a link to activate the device. There are no more link codes. 

Dan

0 Kudos