Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soap
Reel Rookie

New Roku Express not working!

Initial setup of my Roku Express and it is continually doing a software update and restarting. Once it restarts is right back at the first screen for select language. I haven't even been able to set up my account yet. 

3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: New Roku Express not working!

@Soap 

If you plugged the Roku Express into the TV USB power port, try using the wall adapter and plug directly into wall power outlet.  If the device did not come with a power adapter, try using a cell phone charging wall adapter (5volt, 1amp).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Soap
Reel Rookie

My Roku is plugged in to its on power source in the wall. The issue is with trying to set it up for the first time. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Soap-

There are a couple of things people have reported worked when a setup fails to complete. 

Easiest to try, so try this first: Restart your router, even if other devices have no trouble connecting.  When your router has completed its startup, try repeating your Roku setup. 

More involved:  Repeat the setup by connecting to a different wifi network - perhaps via a wifi hotspot on your mobile phone or by taking it to a friend's house - and see if it will complete the startup.  If successful, then redo the wifi connection to use your intended home wifi network via Settings > Network > Set up connection.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos