Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taddydow

Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver

Jump to solution

I've recently started receiving an error message about "Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver". I don't know what it is referring to. Everything is and has been plugged in correctly for quite awhile now. It just started popping up with the error periodically, not every time I use the tv. I have the 3810X Streaming Stick +.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver

Jump to solution

@taddydow wrote:

I've recently started receiving an error message about "Missing Advanced Wireless Receiver". I don't know what it is referring to. Everything is and has been plugged in correctly for quite awhile now. It just started popping up with the error periodically, not every time I use the tv. I have the 3810X Streaming Stick +.

If you're using a Streaming Stick+ model 3810, we no longer offer the Advanced Wireless Receiver. We do still offer an Advanced Wireless Receiver for 3820/3821 here.

We'll send you a PM to get this resolved for you with a new device, check your inbox. 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

On that Streaming Stick model, its Wifi receiver is located in a pod in the middle of its USB power cord.  That's what they call the Advanced Wireless Receiver. 

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/usb-power-cable-with-long-range-wifi-receiver

Make sure the USB contacts on your Roku and both ends of your cord are clean (maybe blow them out with compressed air) and that both ends are plugged in securely.

They have been known to go bad, especially if the physical arrangement of your installation causes the cord to hang from the TV in a sharp bend at the TV end.

Replacements may be available from Roku in US, not sure about other regions.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
taddydow

Jump to solution

Everything is clean and blown out. Nothing is out of place or broken. Is there a way I can get a new one if that is in fact the issue? When I go to the link, it's sold out but I also wouldn't want to go ahead and buy one if that isn't the problem.

0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

@taddydow-

Yeah, I just saw they were out of stock again.  I don't know of anywhere else to get one.

The USB connection to your model uses a USB mini plug.  The AWR for the 3820 uses a USB micro plug.

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/usb-power-cable-with-long-range-wifi-receiver-streaming-st...

Does anybody out there know if the Advanced Wireless Receiver for the 3820 would work with the 3810 if connected thru a USB female-mini to male-micro adapter?  https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Convert-Connector-Compatible-Samsung/dp/B08FRNCQXP

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

I know for a fact it will not work with 3810 stick+, sorry. 

Edmund

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Jump to solution

I was afraid of that.  Thanks for confirming, Edmund.

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@taddydow wrote:

If you're using a Streaming Stick+ model 3810, we no longer offer the Advanced Wireless Receiver. We do still offer an Advanced Wireless Receiver for 3820/3821 here.

We'll send you a PM to get this resolved for you with a new device, check your inbox. 

Happy Streaming!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.