Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Georgie87

Link nowtv stick to roku account

Can anybody tell me how I link up my nowtv stick with my roku account please?  

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
boogernose
Roku Guru

Re: Link nowtv stick to roku account

They are entirely different companies.

I'm guessing you want to use Roku and use your paid subscriptions with Now on Roku.

Not sure what youre suggesting......?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Georgie87 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Was this NOWTV stick device provided to you by your cable or internet provider?

You will need to contact Now TV support for more help in activating your device.

Thanks,
Danny 

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lyndseyvc

I'm having this same issue.  I'm trying to link my existing two now tv sticks to my Roku account to - at the very least - change their names!

The sticks are Roku devices so I didn't anticipate there being any issue at all!! My Roku app can control the sticks, but I can't link the devices to my account to allow me to do anything else!

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Lyndseyvc, sorry, you can't link a Now TV device to a Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
HelenOfWestbury
Reel Rookie

@renojim wrote:

@Lyndseyvc, sorry, you can't link a Now TV device to a Roku account.

I'm having the same problem as @Lyndseyvc but I didn't know that my Now TV stick wasn't compatible with a Roku account.

Can somebody recommend a Roku stick that will be able to stream Now TV and Les Mills workouts?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@MilesT 

Might be able to help?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MilesT
Roku Guru

@Tivoburkee wrote:

@MilesT 

Might be able to help?

I can clarify, but not help.

Short answer: don't think you can. You may be out of luck if you bought secondhand or acquired.

For a while, a few years ago, NowTV streaming service in the UK resold Roku devices under their own name (and mostly white/yellow, late black/light blue, rather than black/purple).  The very oldest of these are desupported and don't function at all, and BBC iPlayer has also desupported. IDK the specific Roku type model numbers (the trailing channel letters seem to be SK=Sky), but low end boxes and 2 gens of stick were available.

NowTV also whitelabled Roku account website and channel store but this is completely separate from Roku account/UK channel store.  NowTV and Roku won't recognise other brand of device during setups (something that Roku could choose to fix, put in a suggestion).

The remotes are compatible across brands, I think Robot Happy

As of May 2021 in UK, NowTV no longer sells branded Roku, unsure if NowTV account for streaming device/channel store is still available. (Update:seems to be available).  Full service still available in Ireland.  Any boxes/sticks for sale are used or "new old stock" or Ireland market stock.

(Background: NowTV UK, currently styled as "Now", unrelated to any similar named streaming app in US/NA, is the "budget" brand of Sky Satellite/streaming service, now owned by Comcast.  Sky is also a big ISP in the UK, LLU phone line ADSL2+/VDSL2 available in most UK phone exhanges, some FTTP/FTTH, and Now also resells that as NowBroadband.  Sky is focussing streaming device investment on promoting their new own brand SkyGlass TV to compete with RokuTV and other streaming TV and devices..I think it is based on AndroidTV)

I don't have NowTV device/online account, so I can't fully check some of what I have put above. I do use Now streaming service on Roku and have NowBroadband, but that's unrelated to streaming device.

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
HelenOfWestbury
Reel Rookie

Thank you very much @MilesT 

I assumed Roku powered meant Roku compatible but not so.

Looks like I'm getting a Roku streaming stick for my birthday.