Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EPAIII
Reel Rookie

Just Like SO MANY OTHERS: Not Getting Activaton E-mail

I have a new Roku Express 4K, SN: S07R219F91CN. This is my fifth or sixth Roku Express but the first 4K one. I purchased it some time ago but am just now trying to get it set up in my den. The installation and set up process has been without problems on all the previous ones.

After some trouble with the software update which caused me to switch back to an old, single band Wifi, I finally got to the activation step. I enter my CORRECT e-mail address but get an error message saying you can not contact me at that address. This happens INSTANTLY, so apparently your system did not even try sending it.

I have searched your site for a solution, but in spite of numerous complaints about this exact same problem, there is NO POSTED HELP. I can not get past that step.

Additional information:

I recently had to change my e-mail address due to a change in internet providers. But I have checked and double checked and my new e-mail address is correctly in my account information.

YES, I searched my spam folder. Not just one but several as I have additional accounts in Firefox. The others are inactive, but the folders are still there and I checked. I also went on line with the Google e-mail site and viewed my messages there. NOTHING!

I mentioned reverting to my old wifi to get the software update. But I have switched back to my new, dual band wifi at this time. Could that be the problem? Your web site seems to say the dual or tri band wifi systems are preferred.

I have done everything that you seem to tell others to try first. I have waited: not a few minutes, but several days. I have performed the factory reset: that seemed to get me past the problems I had with the software update, but not this e-mail problem.

I find it incomprehensible that you do not provide any phone support for problems like this. Obviously there is a solution, but it does not appear to be posted here or anywhere on your site. Why? What is the big secret? I do not understand! And apparently this has been a problem for years now. Can't you actually fix it. Or put another option in the set up procedure to allow a cry for help from there?

Anyway, can you help?

Thank you!

Paul A.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Just Like SO MANY OTHERS: Not Getting Activaton E-mail

Hey @EPAIII

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Please reply here with the device ID of the affected Roku player. It can be found at the back or underneath the device itself. I'll be able to further assist you from there.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
EPAIII
Reel Rookie

The model # on the bottom of the Express 4K is 

3940X

The box has SKU#

3940RW

I already provided the serial number in my first post.

Do you need photos? Or anything else. I have had a Roku account for several years now: I hope that is not the problem.

Paul A.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@EPAIII

Thanks for the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
EPAIII
Reel Rookie

I have received an e-mail from that team. I assume there is no need to continue checking here.

Or is there?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@EPAIII

Appreciate the update.

Since our team already reached out to you through email, we recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Have a nice day!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos