Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QUESTIONS310
Reel Rookie

Is it possible to have a separate ROKU set of channels on one account for 2 different viewers?

Jump to solution

I want to setup a separate set of channels to view from what my landlord views. He has a ROKU box and I have a ROKU box but when I go to the list of channels he has channels I never watch and I have to scroll through them all to get to the ones I watch. Can I separate my viewing channels from his? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Is it possible to have a separate ROKU set of channels on one account for 2 different viewers?

Jump to solution

Right. Remember channels like netflix or prime can be linked to different roku accounts, just sign into them with same credentials. But subscriptions bought on Roku ch, will only be linked to one roku account. The free stuff on Roku Ch will show up all roku accounts Roku channel. So if want channels like Paramount+ or britbox or whatever to be available on all your rokus subscribe to the stand alone channel, not the ones in the Roku Ch. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee

Re: Is it possible to have a separate ROKU set of channels on one account for 2 different viewers?

Jump to solution

No, not without factory resetting your roku and using a different email address and starting your own roku account. 

Edmund

QUESTIONS310
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

OK, so I'd have to have a separate account for my kids or anyone else who wants their own set of channels to view. right? 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Right. Remember channels like netflix or prime can be linked to different roku accounts, just sign into them with same credentials. But subscriptions bought on Roku ch, will only be linked to one roku account. The free stuff on Roku Ch will show up all roku accounts Roku channel. So if want channels like Paramount+ or britbox or whatever to be available on all your rokus subscribe to the stand alone channel, not the ones in the Roku Ch. 

Edmund

QUESTIONS310
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks! Got it!  I just found out that my landlord has been using an outdated ROKU which I've been using as well under his subscription. I'm just gonna buy a new one and have a separate account. This is ridiculous, this ROKU is like 6 years old I just found out!