Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doc-Metz
Reel Rookie

Initial setup before cutting the cord

I am presently connected to the internet with Spectrum.  I am changing my internet service to ATT.  My question is, "Can I activate my Roku device on a separate HDMI port while still connected to Spetrum and then transfer my Roku to the ATT internet"?  I would like to be able to checkout my Roku hookup before I am connected to the ATT Internet, and then cancel my Spectrum bundle.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Initial setup before cutting the cord

The HDMI port is only for the connection to your TV; it has nothing to do with your Internet connection.  Now if you have a Roku with an Ethernet jack, then the answer is yes - you can connect the Ethernet cable to your current router and then just connect it to your new router and everything will be fine.  If you have a Wi-Fi only device, the the answer is still yes, but it's a little more complicated.  You have to select your current Wi-Fi network and enter the password to connect to your Spectrum router and then once you get the AT&T router you'll have to go through the Network setup again which should be fairly painless.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.