Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickalla

IS Roku available in Australia

Jump to solution

IS Roku available in Australia. If so is it just a matter of conecting cables to broadband and logging on?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: IS Roku available in Australia

Jump to solution

@nickalla Thanks for the note. Roku does not directly sell or market Roku devices in that location, but a Roku device will work anywhere.

Some channels and services may be unavailable on the Roku platform in your location though. Netflix and YouTube tend to work just about anywhere, however, other streaming channels (apps) may have geo-restrictions that don't allow them to be offered or stream in those locations. You'd need to reach out to any specific channel/service provider directly to inquire further and request additional information. 

We're always looking to expand our presence and appreciate you reaching out to share the interest! Stay tuned to blog.roku.com for the latest news and updates. 

Cheers,

Tanner

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@nickalla Thanks for the note. Roku does not directly sell or market Roku devices in that location, but a Roku device will work anywhere.

Some channels and services may be unavailable on the Roku platform in your location though. Netflix and YouTube tend to work just about anywhere, however, other streaming channels (apps) may have geo-restrictions that don't allow them to be offered or stream in those locations. You'd need to reach out to any specific channel/service provider directly to inquire further and request additional information. 

We're always looking to expand our presence and appreciate you reaching out to share the interest! Stay tuned to blog.roku.com for the latest news and updates. 

Cheers,

Tanner

marsel_z
Reel Rookie

Roku Express in Russia

Jump to solution

Hi!

I'm planning to buy Roku Exspress in UK for using it in Russia. Because it isn't very popular platform in Russia I can't get full information about regional restriction. I want to use it with my old Philips TV in kitchen because Smart Tv for it is not supported anymore. All I need is Netflix and Youtube. So i have a question - will those channels work in Russia or it is just waste of money?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express in Russia

Jump to solution

Unless someone has tried it, that's a tough question to answer. I think YouTube will be OK, as I don't think it has regional restrictions on it. Netflix I have doubts, as they pay license fees to stream their media and those licenses have geographical restrictions. 

Will the Roku itself work, yes. There's no issue using a Roku device anywhere. The question is if the specific channel(s) you want to watch are supported. Only someone in Russia that has tried it can tell you for sure. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@marsel_z  Thanks for the question. You'll want to check with any specific channel/service provider directly to confirm if they offer their service on the Roku platform in your area. Please see the solution posted above—the same information would apply to your location, as we do not currently sell or market devices there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

1zodiac
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

i would look into if you can bring a roku into Russia.

i don't know if it applies to wireless internet,but anything with a frequency is not allowed.

marsel_z
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help! I have already ordered Roku Express. In early February I will be able to check whether this works in Russia.

0 Kudos
marsel_z
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@atc98092 I think I will be the first in the community who try to use Roku device in Russia Smiley Very Happy. I'll update the thread when I've checked.

0 Kudos
marsel_z
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I checked - Roku Express works well in Russia. Netflix and Youtube are working without problems! Thank you for your help! 

0 Kudos
fatkinson
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Does Roku sell a power supply [for use with a Roku device] that will run on Australian power (230 VAC, 50 Hertz, AS/NZS 3112)?  

0 Kudos