Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maskankwa

I have a question regarding the Roku Ultra

I'm interested in purchasing the Roku Ultra after using the Fire stick for all my life. One feature that I really like with the Roku Ultra is that it has a headphone jack in the remote. So my question is when you plug in the headphones does it automatically mute your TV or do you have to do it yourself?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have a question regarding the Roku Ultra

My Streaming Stick 4K+ came with the same Roku Voice Remote Pro as is supplied with the current Ultra model.  Plugging in the earphone to the remote switches the audio to the earphone and mutes the tv.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: I have a question regarding the Roku Ultra

The same behavior will be experienced when using the official Roku mobile app on your mobile device with the Private Listening feature enabled (available in Play and Apple Stores).  Although can physically toggle private listening on/off,

Assuming that the newly introduced Bluetooth features (Bluetooth Private Listening) on available devices will behavior similarly as well.

Roku disabled the ability to listen to both TV speakers and the headphones simulataneously in a previous software update so now just automatically mutes TV speakers when headphones plugged into remote.

----

How to use headphones with your Roku® voice remote for private listening https://support.roku.com/article/115002930768

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102