Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Achiever777
Reel Rookie

Re: How to set up when the remote won’t work

Jump to solution

It is a 3900r according to the package and I bought a Roku Voice Activated remote. 

0 Kudos
Achiever777
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nothing in the way of the view of the express - stood right in front of it. This is wayyyyy to much trouble. I think I am off to Amazon to get another Fire Stick like I have in my LR.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Achiever777 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried setting up the Roku device first with the remote that came with the package, then once your device has been setup and activated, tried using the remote that you've purchased?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Having this exact same issue with an Express 4K. We literally just turned it on and took us to the screen where it says let’s get started but the remote will now work. We’ve changed batteries & made sure nothing is in the way of the box. I think our remote is bad but we literally just bought it.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Charitybrewer The Express 4K comes with an IR remote. The Express 4K+ comes with a WiFi remote. You can easily test if an IR remote works by looking at the front of the remote through a digital camera, such as a phone camera. While looking through the camera, press a button on the remote. If you see a flashing light when you press a button, the remote is working. 

If you don't see a flashing light, check the batteries in the remote and ensure they are positioned correctly. Some Roku remotes have both batteries facing the same way, while others have the batteries in opposite directions. Look closely at the remote to see which way they go.

If there's a button under the battery cover, you have a WiFi remote. You won't see any flashing light through the camera with a WiFi remote. Press that button and the pairing sequence should activate with your player. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos