Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inkpig64

Re: Get a link code on a Roku TV i already have been using

Jump to solution

i did a factory reset but never saw a unique code on the tv.....i cant link the account.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@inkpig64, what did you see on the TV?  I don't know whether the link code is used anymore.  The current method is to enter your email address and you'll receive an email with a link to link your device to your Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Link code for Roku TV already in use to my Device

Jump to solution

You have to do a factory reset to get a link code. If you have access to the menu:

settings> system> advanced system settings> factory reset

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

IF MY ROKU TVS ARE NOT LINKED HOW AM I GETTING ROKU? WE HAVE A Roku account.

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@babygirl1962, can you give more details.  If you're getting a Home Screen with all your installed channels/apps then your TV is linked to some account.  You can see the account by going to Settings->System->About.  If you're saying you're not getting that far then let us know exactly what's going on.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I upgraded my roku devise to 3930X as was recommended. The TV screen now only shows colored bars so I can't obtain a link code. The previous roku device worksed sporactically going on and off during a movie which is why I installed the new one.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I was told by Amazon to upgrade my Roku device on Roku.com which I did to the recommended 3930X model. I am using RCA cables through an adapter recommended by a tech.  During the TV set up I was told to input the link code shown on the TV which I can't do as the screen only show colored bars across the screen. 

P.S. I originally tried using the previous device which cut in and out during a movie where I had to go back to Roku and search for the movie to resume watching it so I removed that device and installed the new 3930X model that only shows colored bars across the screen.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@cindyconyiers

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried connecting the device with a HDMI cable to see if you are able to see your device's input? I'd imagine the issue is caused by the RCA cable connection with the adapter.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
be_li-da
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I already did factory reset but it still won’t give me my link code. I’ve been trying for 2 days. I really want to activate my tv but it won't give me the link code. please help

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@be_li-da, when you performed the factory reset your TV should have started over with asking you for your language preference.  Did that happen?

0 Kudos