Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exit Roku back to cable??

It's a pain.  Try "Home", then "settings", then "TV inputs", then live TV", then "manage channels", then "manage all channels", "then edit channel lineup", then hopefully channel 3 or 4 for your tv is listed, and click on that...  I have a Sharp 43" with Roku.. I really just wanted a plain old TV..  too much b.s.

4 REPLIES 4
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How to exit Roku back to cable??

@Fatasstrucker what you are referring to will be the same for any device connected to your TV. This isn't a Roku specific issue. If you connect a Fire TV player, you would need to follow the same steps to switch back to broadcast TV, or to a different HDMI input to access something different. Some devices might come with a universal remote that can control other devices. Roku devices do not, nor does the Fire TV or the Apple TV. My Nvidia Shield remote will not do any of that either. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
katielin
Channel Surfer

My post was referring specifically to the problem reported above of getting back to cable from ROKU.  After using the source on my TV remorte and selecting the component for my cable, any button I tried to push on my cable remote would force me back to ROKU.  My other NONSMART different brand tv did not have that problem.  It was a very easy fix for a frustrating problem that someone else was having.    

Elena2

I am having the exact same problem and it is very frustrating. It just started recently. I never had this type of problem switching out of Roku and back to my regular cable programming. Anyone have a solution??

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

There seems to be more than one problem in this thread, but on your Roku, go to: settings -> system -> control other devices and disable "1-touch play."

0 Kudos