Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kymmrs

How do I give my Roku used to my parents? It has my account stuff on it

Jump to solution

I am giving my Roku stick 4K to my parents and they want to put their TV account nit not mine.  All of my stuff is on it.  My new TV has Roku on it now and I don’t need the stick.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do I give my Roku used to my parents? It has my account stuff on it

Jump to solution

@Kymmrs 

As long as you give them a working physical Roku remote with the Roku Stick 4k (assuming Streaming Stick 4k), all you have to do is Factory Reset your Roku device before giving it to them.  A Factory reset Roku device requires a physical remote to setup/activate.

You can Factory Reset by pressing and holding the Reset button 30+seconds, or navigating to Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset.

When your parents set it up/activate it on their network, if they use the same email address as their other Roku device, it will then be linked to their Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Kymmrs 

As long as you give them a working physical Roku remote with the Roku Stick 4k (assuming Streaming Stick 4k), all you have to do is Factory Reset your Roku device before giving it to them.  A Factory reset Roku device requires a physical remote to setup/activate.

You can Factory Reset by pressing and holding the Reset button 30+seconds, or navigating to Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset.

When your parents set it up/activate it on their network, if they use the same email address as their other Roku device, it will then be linked to their Roku account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Don't forget to go to your Roku account online and unlink it, too, just to be safe.

0 Kudos