Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
INeedsHelp
Channel Surfer

Re: How do I activate a smart tv with Roku already on it. No link code

Jump to solution

Well that really pisses me off as that was a big selling point for us with the salesman telling us we didn't need a device. So now I need to go purchase a roku?

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

If you want things that are on a Roku device, then Yes.  The Roku channel has some content (all advertising supported I believe) but it is not a Roku, just one of many things available on a Roku. 

INeedsHelp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I see all the streams, I just wanted to add channels and it won't let me.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@INeedsHelp wrote:

Well that really pisses me off as that was a big selling point for us with the salesman telling us we didn't need a device. So now I need to go purchase a roku?

No. Did you not read when my earlier replay said "No." What I meant by that was, "no."

You don't need to buy a Roku.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

In my experience, about 1% of salesmen have any idea of what they are talking about, and even if they do, that may be overruled by other things such as making a quick sale or pushing whatever the store has a deal on or a lot in stock.

0 Kudos
INeedsHelp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes I got that so now the big question is how do I add the channels? I went to the roku store, hit add channel but it is not showing up on the roku on the tv. I am signed into my account.

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@INeedsHelp wrote:

I see all the streams, I just wanted to add channels and it won't let me.

That's actually not an issue with Roku, but an issue with the Android/Google TV interface. Now you know why I prefer Roku's interface.

On my Samsung Android TV, I go to the bottom of the menu and to the left until I highlight Apps. Go into there. There are apps.

For further help with a non-Roku issue, you should probably seek help from Samsung or Google. Honestly, a Roku forum isn't the place to provide help for non-Roku devices, apps, or services.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
INeedsHelp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you. I will go to google play and see what I can do. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

You'll need to log in to your Google account on your Samsung TV, or it won't know it's on your account to send content to it.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
INeedsHelp
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I will try that, thank you.

0 Kudos