Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ninagray

Home or Hotel or dorm roku ultra

Yesterday my ultra disconnected from my home internet (its been on it for years so nothing has changed) and when I went to reconnect I now get the are you at home or a hotel message. When I say home it connects but then disconnects. It ticked me off and aftrler trying over and over I did a factory reset. I can get to the internet set up page, connect to mine, and STILL get the hotel/home question to which I say home and it won't stay connected. I can't even finish setting it up. What a waste of money now. Guess I need to find a different streaming box. And from what I'm seeing looks like a ton of people are having this issue. Good job roku.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Home or Hotel or dorm roku ultra

If your network equipment came from your ISP you can't say "nothing has changed".  ISPs are known to push faulty updates and/or change settings without customers knowing.

Are you trying to connect wired or wireless?  If wireless, 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Fart1

Roku Sucks !!
no support. 
can anyone tell me about a streaming  company besides Roku????????

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Fart1, Roku builds little computers that connect to your TV.  I wouldn't call them a streaming company.  There's many alternatives - Apple TV, Chromecast, Amazon Fire, Android boxes...

Where people get in trouble is when they think that Roku is "a streaming company" responsible for every app that runs on their little computer.  See how far you get with that argument with Apple, Amazon, Google, etc.

Note:  I am in no way making excuses for Roku's poor customer service.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos