Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elittle77
Reel Rookie

Hdmi and Controller issues Roku Express 4+

My Roku Express 4+ is not displaying on my TV, it has a new HDMI and everything is connected firmly. Additionally the controller is not causing the light on the roku to flash when i press anything. I can turn my TV on with the Roku remote but the home screen doesn’t start. I even tried with a different HDMI I use every day and still nothing. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Hdmi and Controller issues Roku Express 4+

Do you have another TV you can try it on?  Has it ever worked?

You may want to try a factory reset.  Find the reset button and with the power connected press and hold the reset button with something like a paperclip for no less than 30 seconds.  Another thing - make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not the TV's USB port.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
elittle77
Reel Rookie

It was working only a few days ago, and I tried it on a different tv and with a different HDMI and it didn’t work. I factory reset it and nothing has changed i’m not sure what to do. It’s always been on the ROKU wall plug in that we were supplied with, plus it’s only a few months old.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

So the light never even comes on when you first connect the power?  It sounds like it's just plain dead.  If you have another power adapter like from another Roku or a phone or tablet or even the TV's USB port give it a try to rule out the power adapter.

Beyond that you might want to start exploring a return unless @RokuDanny-R has other suggestions.

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
elittle77
Reel Rookie

The light is on the whole time, but there is no connection. The remote still turns my tv on but that’s all it can do. But the light on the roku stays on and doesn’t blink no matter what button i push and still doesn’t show up on the tv.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@elittle77

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos