Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Have not gotten activation link

Jump to solution

@rev586

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried checking the Spam folder as well as searching for "activate" in your email?

Please keep us posted, if you are still experiencing an issue, I can pass you along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dana2726
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’m in the same boat. Woke up to neither of my Rokus working. Restarted router and Rokus multiple times, checked for updates, went into some secret menu and did what was suggested, disconnected and reconnected internet connection to Roku, all to no avail. Every other device in my home works on the internet, just not the Rokus. The majority of my channels won’t work, even though the internet is working and signal is excellent. Finally did a factory reset, and now I can’t get an activation email, no matter which email address I enter, so I’m stuck. I’m ready to throw these stupid Rokus in the ocean.

0 Kudos
Dana2726
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I did however just receive an email that I received my first reply badge, but still no activation email. This is ridiculous!

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Dana2726 wrote:

I’m ready to throw these stupid Rokus in the ocean.

So your Roku units are defective?  I have no idea why you would want to throw a streaming device in an ocean.  Whales and sharks, or even ducks, might as well eat the Roku units and get sick if this really were the case.  Nobody wants that, ever.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Dana2726
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It’s called being frustrated. Ever heard of it? How are these devices suddenly both defective at the exact same time after 2 years of use? If you have absolutely no help to offer, then don’t bother responding.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Dana2726 wrote:

How are these devices suddenly both defective at the exact same time after 2 years of use?

If all the apps/channels on your Roku devices do not work correctly, then it is probably a defect of the devices.  Or, you would need to check if your devices are powered through the USB port or the wall outlet.  The devices must be powered through the wall outlet.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Dana2726
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

If I could receive an activation email from Roku, I could try to solve this problem again. But, I am not receiving the activation email, after trying 3 different email addresses from 3 different providers. All I see is the “We can’t seem to reach you by email” message. Since I did a factory reset, as a last resort, I can not get back into the Roku without the activation email.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Dana2726

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried searching your emails for "activation" as well as checking the Spam folder as sometimes the activation link my be found there.

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Dana2726
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I tried both of those suggestions before I posted here. I just set up my old Amazon Fire TV stick and it works fine, so it’s not an internet issue.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Dana2726

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide me with the serial number/device ID of the Roku device that you are experiencing an issue activating?

Once we have that information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos