Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ddelgado1985
Reel Rookie

Have not gotten activation link

Jump to solution

I’ve tried multiple times over the past 2 hours, entering my email to get the activation link, and have yet to receive it. My email is a simple gmail account with no special characters. I’ve checked the spam/junk folder as well as entering in another account (a hotmail account), and none of it works. I’ve also looked into the spam account in the hotmail account. I’m at a loss at this point. Is there a way to contact roku through email?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Have not gotten activation link

Jump to solution

@Ddelgado1985

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried searching for "activate" in your email to see if you are able to locate the activation email?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please provide us with the serial number/device ID of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Ddelgado1985 

Your best bet is to work with someone like @RokuDanny-R , @RokuMary-F , or @RokuKariza-D to get this resolved. They'll likely reach out from these forums.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ddelgado1985

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried searching for "activate" in your email to see if you are able to locate the activation email?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please provide us with the serial number/device ID of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Ddelgado1985
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for the response. I tried searching for “activate”, and it wasn’t there. It won’t let me PM you so the the serial number is:

S07R219YLA41

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ddelgado1985

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Ddelgado1985
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When will they be getting ahold of me?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ddelgado1985

Appreciate the follow-up. 

It looks like our Support team sent you an email back on Wednesday. We'd recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I never get the activation email no matter how many times I enter it. I have a Roku Express 4K, Model 3940X, ser # 507R221Y5W5J

My email is [personal information]

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @electraguard

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We would recommend performing a factory reset on the affected device then try linking your Roku account once again.

Performing a factory reset using the hardware reset button

1. On the back or bottom of each Roku device is a reset button. On some devices, there is a tactile button, while other devices have a pinhole button. 
  2. If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paperclip to perform the factory reset.
  3. Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for about 10 seconds. The indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.

For more information, check out this Support article: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku® streaming device

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rev586

Jump to solution

S07R21CS1XKW

Model 3940X

Express 4K

I have tried for hours now. Just spent $35 on this and NOTHING WORKS. It will not send an activation email at all. 

I reset with the button and with the remote multiple times.

I used a hotspot.

I used my wifi.

I used my email address and my daughter's.

I have restarted multiple times. 

Nothing has worked.

0 Kudos