Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The16thDae
Channel Surfer

Factory Reset doesn’t fix the problem

I followed previous posts but nothing is working.  My whole RoKU system crashed yesterday.  I was able to get one of my devices linked but the one in my bedroom I cannot. Did a factory reset and now they can’t find my email.  I don’t know what else to do.  Please help!

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Factory Reset doesn’t fix the problem

Your Roku account email address is the same you used to log in to this forum.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
The16thDae
Channel Surfer

I used the same email address and it’s still not working.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@The16thDae 

I'm not really following then. Perhaps restate the issue, providing more information. Include your Roku model number.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
The16thDae
Channel Surfer

I don’t know how to find the model number now that I’ve done the factory reset.  It won’t let me go anywhere beyond the “can’t seem to reach you by email” window. 

0 Kudos
The16thDae
Channel Surfer

My RoKU system crashed.  Was unable to access any of my streaming channels.  I followed the advice in this community but resetting my modem, resetting my RoKU, and unlinking then re-linking my devices except for the one in my bedroom.  I followed more advice that said to do a factory reset.  Now RoKU can’t find the email address linked to my account.  

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@The16thDae 

The model number is usually on the device somewhere. It's four digits, followed by 1 (usually), or 2 (sometimes) letters (there are rare instances where it's 3, but that's highly unlikely).  If you still have the box, it's on the box.

This "can't seem to reach you by email" window is not one with which I'm familiar. I've never encountered that.

One thing I keep getting hung up on is why the factory resets? From what I'm reading, your "Roku system crashed" and you indicate you have two separate devices. The Roku devices are separate devices. Yes, they are (or were) likely tied to the same Roku account, but one crashing should have nothing to do with the other. That's why I'm asking for more information. There is no reason whatsoever for a Roku device to crash and it impact a separate Roku device. Yet, you indicated you needed to do a factory reset on two separate devices. That's not normal. So, some critical bit of information is needed.

Now, if a network issue caused both Roku devices to stop working, that would make sense, but that's a network issue, not a Roku issue. Simply restarting a Roku device would resolve that, if you network issue is resolved. A factory reset is never the first, second, or third thing to do. It's the last thing to ever try.

However, since we're past that point, you need to get that Roku running again. So, since the device is already in a factory reset condition, try it again. Find the Reset button on the device, while plugged in hold it for no less than 30 seconds. Not about 30 seconds. Not nearly 30 seconds. Not until something shows on the screen. A full 30 seconds.

See what happens.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
The16thDae
Channel Surfer

I’m still having problems.  You are right about my network.  I’ve been having internet problems and it seems to have caused my RoKU problems.  I wasn’t able to access any streaming channels from any of my devices. I got one of them working yesterday but once I did the factory reset in the attempt to fix the one in my bedroom, it messed up the one in my living room.  

I’m upgrading my internet to see if it resolves my RoKU issues.  Right now, my signal is too poor to continue with set up.  Thanks for your help! 🙂

0 Kudos
The16thDae
Channel Surfer

The model number is 3900x

0 Kudos