Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carpentermate
Streaming Star

Factory Reset & Re-Activation

Jump to solution

Hello ...

I was having difficulty with screen black outs, (sluggish) channel switching so I performed a Factory Reset and also de-activated (unlinked) one of my Roku Ultras. Can someone tell me please how/where to Re-Activate and Re-Link the same device? Do I need a Link Code? If so how do I get it? I don't see any prompt on that particular TV: 'Please enter the link code displayed on your TV' ??

Thank You

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Factory Reset & Re-Activation

Jump to solution

That's odd.  I've never seen it ask for a password.  Sometimes it asks for a PIN that it displays on the screen (it's more of an "are you sure" thing than any kind of security).  You may as well use the reset button to factory reset it.  On all the Ultra models (and there have been more than one) I think there's an actual button on the bottom.  With the power connected press and hold it for no less than 30 seconds while ignoring anything happening onscreen.

After reading your response again I may be misunderstanding what's going on.  Did the factory reset complete?  I think the password it's asking for is your Wi-Fi password.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Hastings1234

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
renojim

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't use link codes anymore.  If you factory reset your Ultra it should restart and be back to the "Let's get started" screen followed by "Choose a language".  It will ask for your email address and then send you an activation link.  Use the same email address you used before for your Roku account unless you want to create a new Roku account for some reason.

If you unlinked the device via the website just restart the Ultra and it should recognize that it's not linked to any Roku account and start with the same "Let's get started" screen.  If it doesn't, factory reset it from Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Factory reset.

carpentermate
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hello and renojim thank you for the tips. Yes I was looking for the prompt identifying first email address, then your password. However, (after several re-starts), the onscreen keyboard continually misses/skips over the prompt for an email address. The onscreen keyboard displays password input only, (no email address)??

Here's what I see 'after' System->Advanced system settings->Factory Reset: Let's Get Started - Set Up a Wired (or) Wireless connection. Then, after all the available networks are displayed, (including my existing account), it proceeds directly to a password request which continually leads to (wrong password etc). Perhaps it would be better to create a new account online?

Thanks for all your help ....

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

That's odd.  I've never seen it ask for a password.  Sometimes it asks for a PIN that it displays on the screen (it's more of an "are you sure" thing than any kind of security).  You may as well use the reset button to factory reset it.  On all the Ultra models (and there have been more than one) I think there's an actual button on the bottom.  With the power connected press and hold it for no less than 30 seconds while ignoring anything happening onscreen.

After reading your response again I may be misunderstanding what's going on.  Did the factory reset complete?  I think the password it's asking for is your Wi-Fi password.

0 Kudos
carpentermate
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hello again ... (and thank you)

I think the password it's asking for is your Wi-Fi password

Are you saying I should retain two separate passwords (one for the forum) and a different one for the account?

It tried the manual RESET: Unfortunately I get the same error message: 014.14 which is failure to connect. So again I wonder if its best to simply create a brand new account? BTW I have an Arris TG1682 Wireless Router ...

Thank You

0 Kudos
carpentermate
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank you for all your help ....

The Issue has been RESOLVED Smiley LOL

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Panasonic don't have the code for the TV and it doesn't want to activate it airs that has a problem

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Hastings1234

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
carpentermate
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Thank you for all your help!

The Issue has been RESOLVED

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

0 Kudos