Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bcuz
Reel Rookie

Express 4K+ will not get past boot screen

This topic has been posted but I guess I need to make my own before being able to get any support. 

Roku Express 4K+, been plugged into surge protector strip and the wall using the provided power adapter since July 2021 purchase. Strangely the purple light on the front was on one morning without us recently using it. Turned on the TV and it showed no input. Tried holding the reset button for 60 seconds. Light didn’t blink, when released nothing happened. Unplugged and re-plugged the power and it’s stuck on boot screen for hours  

Tried factory reset again and after holding button for 60 seconds, the screen loses the input but nothing comes back on. 

Is the device broken? How do I initiate a warranty return if so? From reading the forum looks like there aren’t many ways to fix these things if they refuse to boot. 

thank you. 

0 Kudos
20 REPLIES 20
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Express 4K+ will not get past boot screen

Hello @Bcuz

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bcuz
Reel Rookie

S07P216HSLM4
the model is 3941X

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@Bcuz

Thanks for the reply.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
FiddleDeeDee
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem. 

Serial number: S07R216DE4DD

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @FiddleDeeDee

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
FiddleDeeDee
Reel Rookie

@RokuKariza-D 

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I don’t think this solution will fix my problem. I’ve always used the wall adapter to power the Roku, so I don’t think that’s what’s causing it to freeze (I actually had never seen the loading screen before it started sticking). 

I’m unable to use the remote to reset or troubleshoot since the loading screen won’t leave. But using the reset button on the device has not worked. 

Edited to add: I’ve tried the Roku on three different tvs, all have had the same problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@FiddleDeeDee

Appreciate the reply.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jcmcc_71087
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue. Just tried to turn on my tv for my 2 year old to watch a movie. Roku Express 4k device is stuck on the bouncing letter startup page. Tried holding reset to no success. Tried power cycling it by leaving it unplugged from the outlet for 10 minutes, no success. 

Serial Number: S07PS21C80643   (hard to tell the difference from (letter) O to 0 (zero))

Please help, the support page is awful and absolutely no help whatsoever. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jcmcc_71087,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information with your Roku device stuck in the bouncing letter. But not to worry, I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos