Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jappyjippanui
Reel Rookie

Express 4K+ Died Completely

ROKU EXPRESS 4K+ DIED COMPLETELY

I tried numerous times all the maneuvers that people on youtube have posted, along with the roku instructions.

I don't understand why it is impossible for me to even send an email to Roku about this.

The thing only worked for a couple of months.

Maybe it just completely folded in the face of my 2019 Nvidia Shield Pro which was sitting in close proximity.

I liked the Express 4K+ but how can I buy another Roku product?  The Target store return policy was only for 30 days.

Good grief.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Express 4K+ Died Completely

If it's less than a year old you can go through the warranty return process:

Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jappyjippanui,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We want to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Is there a light showing on your device? How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as testing your device on another TV to see if you see the same issue? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? In addition, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jappyjippanui
Reel Rookie

1. Device completely died.

2. No light appearing at all.

3. Plugged into a power strip, different ports used which are working for other devices.

4. Other HDMI cable tried which works with other devices, no success.

5. Multiple multiple times, I went through all the troubleshooting steps provided by Roku. In addition, read and tried additional suggestions from online sources including youtube.

6. I put new batteries in the remote with no success.

7.  Express 4K+    SN SO7P222K7CJ3     Model 3941X

Thank you, I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@jappyjippanui 

Did you try using another power adapter?  Try using a cell phone charging adapter (5volt 1amp).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos