Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ROKU device won't accept my email address

Jump to solution

I used my normal email for my roku account. After multiple failed attempts It brought me to a second page to try activate it with a Tv code, but the page says activation issue as well. Clearly nothing is working on the Roku Express.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

@gestalina92

Thanks for the post.

Please be aware that there was an issue preventing new activations that has been resolved. We would recommend trying to activate your Roku device again to see if you are still experiencing an issue.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU device won't accept my email address

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that there was an issue preventing new activations that has been resolved. We would recommend trying to activate your Roku device again to see if you are still experiencing an issue.
Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Avaepho9

Jump to solution

still doesn't work guys...

0 Kudos
Phil7

Jump to solution

We did not know we had to wait to receive an email for an activation code and only found out an hour later after it had expired.  Now, what can we do to activate our account with Roku?

0 Kudos
jmalford5

Roku not sending an e.mail to enable activation

Jump to solution

I am trying to activate my new Roku Express and all was going well until Roku indicated it was sending an e.mail to my e.mail account. It never came. I tried it several times, rebooted the Roku and tried again, and also tried our second e.mail address. Nothing worked. My e.mail service is working fine-  Roku is just not sending it the promised e.mail so I can active the device.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku not sending an e.mail to enable activation

Jump to solution

Sending an email is one thing.  Receiving it is another.

Have you checked in your spam/junk/bulk (or whatever your system calls it) folder where mail that is thought to be spam is placed?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Kate_1
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku not sending an e.mail to enable activation

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
johncher

Re: No email for activation comes well AFTER expiration time

Jump to solution

We just bought a ROKU Premiere. We have re-set and re-entered several times. our email is   [personal information removed]  We get all the way to check your email and then nothing  until way past expired time. Pleas help !

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No email for activation comes well AFTER expiration time

Jump to solution

Hi @johncher,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing and we're sorry for the troubles.

You can try performing a factory reset on your device. This will reset all settings and return your Roku device to a state ready for initial setup.
For more information on how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?
If you are still unable to get an activation code, we recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device. Alternately, I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network or mobile hotspot. If you are able to connect without issue, this usually indicates an issue with your network or password. In that case, you might also try changing your network password (avoid using any special characters from your wireless network password) to see if that resolves the connection issue. 

Thanks for your patience regarding this issue. Please keep us posted!

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos