Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Set up

Jump to solution

I didn't get one either!

0 Kudos

Re: No email for activation

Jump to solution

What do you mean trying to enter your email again? Enter it where? I'm having the same issue, no account link in my email.

0 Kudos
Ashira

Can't get activation code

Jump to solution

I am trying to set up my OLD roku from 2014 on a tv for my kids. It asks for an activation code, but it errors out when I try to get the code. I've restarted several times.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't get activation code

Jump to solution

@Ashira 

I believe there's only one way to get a fresh code, and that's to do a factory reset. Naturally, you have to set it back up as a new box.

However, if you hadn't removed it from your user account before, there should be no need for a code now. 

What model Roku is it? Depending on how old it is, you might not be able to link it to an account any longer. My very old 2 XS still works (if you call that working), but it's always been linked to my user account.

If you're trying to use a different user account for your kids, then you will have to do a factory reset, and that's the only way to change user accounts. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Activation issue with ROKU PREMIERE

Jump to solution

@tmustang73 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device to see if you can activate and setup your Roku device properly?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No activation link

Jump to solution

@Kac533 

Thanks for the post.

We recommend rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device.

I'd also recommend trying to connect your device to an alternate network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can retrieve an activation code and finish setting up your Roku device. Then once your device has been setup, try switching back to your home wireless network.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Set up

Jump to solution

@Yofunkylady @Whodey17 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Is the activation flow prompting you to follow an email activation process? If so, have you checked your email as well as the spam folder for the activation link? Can you provide us screenshots of what you are seeing?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Yofunkylady 

Thanks for the post.

Have you checked your spam folder to see if the activation email was sent there? In addition, if you are still not able to receive the activation email, have you tried using an alternate email address to retrieve a Roku activation email (it doesn't have to be the same email).

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tmustang73
Reel Rookie

Re: Activation issue with ROKU PREMIERE

Jump to solution

I'm returning the device. The device completed the configuration successfully. I did receive an email activation link and completed all the steps required. I have a ROKU logon id. The problem was the ROKU PREMIERE would lose connectivity to the TV. I had tried different HDMI ports, but the results were the same. I did discover a pattern that was happening with the PREMIERE. Each time I turned on the TV, it would stay connected for 10 minutes, then lose the connection. 

I have no intertest at all in consistently resetting this device and going through the configuration on a hourly/daily basis. It appears the quality of the components that make up this device is sub standard.  

0 Kudos
Blood2976
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just bought 3 Roku Streaming Stick +'s.  I am having the same issues.  I've tried factory resets, other emails, and spam folders....still crickets.  You'd think there would be another way to activate this darn device.....please somebody who has a clue figure this out.

0 Kudos