Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vesperada
Reel Rookie

Compatibility with older Samsung smart TV

Jump to solution

I have a 2014-vintage Samsung Series 56 Smart TV.  Is there a particular Roku device that would work best with this TV?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Compatibility with older Samsung smart TV

Jump to solution
As long as it has an HDMI to which the Roku can be connected ANY of the current Roku models should work fine.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution
As long as it has an HDMI to which the Roku can be connected ANY of the current Roku models should work fine.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Susanna728

Jump to solution

This isn't correct.  I have a Samsung Smart Tv with a HDMI port.  I've tried two different Streaming Stick models and neither works with the TV.  I've unplugged and rebooted the TV.  (I've unplugged and reconnected everything - no help.)  I tried a different HDMI cord.  Still didn't work.  From what I could understand online, there's some protective function that prevents the devices from communicating with each other.  I have no idea if that's true, but it's the only explanation I could find.  If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know!

0 Kudos
vesperada
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Actually, it worked fine for me. The TV has 2 different HDMI ports and it was just a matter of selecting the right one. 

ejgouldusa

Jump to solution

i'm having a similar problem, were you ever able to get yours to work?

Roku Streaming Stick+ and Samsung UN55F8000BF are not working together.

0 Kudos
ROGACO

Jump to solution

is not working with 2014 samsung model UN24H400AF either 😕

0 Kudos
kalyla
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I know this is a year old post but I have a 2014 samsung not-so-smart-anymore tv and a roku ultra working just fine with only occasional hiccoughs, which I think have little to nothing to do with the tv.

0 Kudos