Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cantactivates
Reel Rookie

Cannot activate second ROKU Express

Jump to solution

First ROKU installed with zero issues.  However, when I tried to install my other ROKU express on my other TV, you sent the activation message to my email, but you would not send the activation code.  I tried 7 times.  Then the activation period ended.  So I tried every option available with the “*” button: I restarted the router and modem and my computer (including clearing the cache). No joy!  One more point … prior to installing ROKU, I installed and new modem and router from Spectrum.  Also, I could not find the “resend activation code” screen.  Please help me sort out how to get my second ROKU online.  Thank you 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cantactivates
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot activate second ROKU Express

Jump to solution

Using ROKU chat we figured out the issue.  Because I already had an account with ROKU, here's the fix that worked for me:  

1)  Enter an alternative email address on the activation screen.

2)  The activation email arrives at the new address.

3)  It takes you through all the normal steps for a new setup (including entering a credit card number).

At this point, you are setup except that you are using the alternative email on the account.  So to fix that:

1)  Go up on your normal account using your normal user name and password.  

2)  Then go to the "account" info page and return the email address to the original.

At that point, I was good.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Cantactivates
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot activate second ROKU Express

Jump to solution

Using ROKU chat we figured out the issue.  Because I already had an account with ROKU, here's the fix that worked for me:  

1)  Enter an alternative email address on the activation screen.

2)  The activation email arrives at the new address.

3)  It takes you through all the normal steps for a new setup (including entering a credit card number).

At this point, you are setup except that you are using the alternative email on the account.  So to fix that:

1)  Go up on your normal account using your normal user name and password.  

2)  Then go to the "account" info page and return the email address to the original.

At that point, I was good.

0 Kudos