Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lil3

Canadian living in the US - How to input Canada zip code?

Jump to solution

Im a Canadian wintering in AZ.   Im unable to view content from Alberta (ie news, sports)

I purchased my RokoExpress 4K+ in AZ.  The system allows me to enter us zip 85365 but not T6J 6R3

Can anyone help me?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: canadian postal code setup

Jump to solution

@lil3 wrote:

Im a Canadian wintering in AZ.   Im unable to view content from Alberta (ie news, sports)

I purchased my RokoExpress 4K+ in AZ.  The system allows me to enter us zip 85365 but not T6J 6R3

Can anyone help me?

Hi @lil3,

Happy to help answer your question around getting Canadian content while wintering in Arizona. And also wanted to welcome you to the Roku Community. 

Many channels and services have geo-location restrictions preventing content distribution from outside of the subscribed country or location. 

Unfortunately, it won't be possible to have access to the entire Canada channel store while you're visiting in Arizona, and you'll likely need to set up your device using your US address.

Fortunately, once you travel back to Canada, you can reset the device and re-activate it using a Canadian IP address. If you run into any hiccups here, your email address may be associated with the US channel store, so just use a different email address when you go back or contact our customer support team.

In the meantime, browse the US channel store at http://channelstore.roku.com.

There are some ways to change your location but many channels are keen on these methods and may prevent you from accessing content or you'll notice certain channels simply won't work as expected. 

If your favorite news program is online, and you have a mobile device and Roku player that supports it, you may be able to find the program online and use AirPlay or screen mirroring to cast to your TV. 

Sorry that this wasn't the news you were looking for, but I hope that's helpful information. Please send us an update and enjoy your holiday!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: canadian postal code setup

Jump to solution

@lil3 wrote:

Can anyone help me?

Hi @lil3,

Happy to help answer your question around getting Canadian content while wintering in Arizona. And also wanted to welcome you to the Roku Community. 

Many channels and services have geo-location restrictions preventing content distribution from outside of the subscribed country or location. 

Unfortunately, it won't be possible to have access to the entire Canada channel store while you're visiting in Arizona, and you'll likely need to set up your device using your US address.

Fortunately, once you travel back to Canada, you can reset the device and re-activate it using a Canadian IP address. If you run into any hiccups here, your email address may be associated with the US channel store, so just use a different email address when you go back or contact our customer support team.

In the meantime, browse the US channel store at http://channelstore.roku.com.

There are some ways to change your location but many channels are keen on these methods and may prevent you from accessing content or you'll notice certain channels simply won't work as expected. 

If your favorite news program is online, and you have a mobile device and Roku player that supports it, you may be able to find the program online and use AirPlay or screen mirroring to cast to your TV. 

Sorry that this wasn't the news you were looking for, but I hope that's helpful information. Please send us an update and enjoy your holiday!

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos