Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you add your other input ports if you have Roku stick?

Does the roku stick have the ability to recognize the other Hdmi ports? My other TV has built-in roku and has a setting to add other input ports. I do not think the stick has the ability so I guess I will just use the TV remote to change to the other input ports. First world problem...

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can you add your other input ports if you have Roku stick?

@RidgeMarshall 

No. On the Roku TV, the device itself has additional HDMI ports. On the Roku Stick, there are no HDMI ports..

Depending on how nice your non-Roku TV and other connected devices play well together, picking up the remote for the other device and pressing a button will sometimes change the TV input. On my TV, for instance, if I pick up my Fire TV Stick remote and press Home, the TV will change to the HDMI port for the Fire TV Stick. If I pick up my Roku remote and press Home, the TV will change the HDMI input to the port to which the Roku is connected. Might want to see if your TV is set up that way. Maybe a CEC (or whatever wording that brand uses) setting needs to be tweaked.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

Re: Can you add your other input ports if you have Roku stick?

@RidgeMarshall  A Roku TV is a TV with various inputs such as USB, HDMI,Ethernet and coaxial. A Roku Stick is an “input” in itself. Nothing plugs into a Roku Stick except for a power cord. You insert a Roku Stick into a TV “input”. If you want your Roku Stick remote to swap inputs on your TV that cannot be done. A Roku TV and a Roku Stick are entirely different devices. 
To sum it up. A TV has inputs. A Stick is the input. 

0 Kudos