Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stewakl
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't input characters in email field

I’m having the same issue when I’m in set up mode. The screen states to enter your email address to get a Roku activation link, but there is no way to type anything in! Very frustrating 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Stewakl 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried pressing the OK or any of the other buttons on your remote to see if the keyboard is shown on screen?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
UIissue

We have the same issue where Roku prompts "Enter your email address" box on our TV screen but there is no way to navigate to that box to enter the email and no keyboard appears. We reset Roku, our router, etc many times to no avail.

0 Kudos
Stewakl
Reel Rookie

After hitting the “okay” button multiple times, the keyboard finally came up for me. 

0 Kudos

I don't either and cannot enter my email

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@shannon51454 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried pressing the directional buttons as well as the OK button to see if the keyboard is prompted on screen?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ang0526

I need to use the # to connect to my cable provider. I see the symbols on the side where you can select the option !?#$%& but when it is selected the # sign does not show up on the keyboard. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

You may have Caps Lock on.  Try pressing the * button on your remote or look for the upward pointing arrow with the checkbox on the virtual keyboard and select that.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
JohnElman

I have same issue.  After attaching Roku Express to Samsung TV using HDMI and setting  up new RoKU account on RoKU website using my e-mail address as ID last step setting up on  TV monitor has field to input e-mail address but RoKU remote has no buttons to input e-mail characters,  only arrow buttons. I have received no e-mail from roku---john E

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Did you try pressing OK on your remote? It should bring up an onscreen keyboard.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos