Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reinqueen777
Reel Rookie

Can’t get past “control your tv”

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem, it doesn't let me get past the connect to TV controls screen to even hit the home button.  Is there any way to bypass that?  My older roku without the TV controls works fine, but my projector is 4k and all the 4k rokus have this darn feature.  Please tell me there's a way to bypass it! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can’t get past “control your tv”

Jump to solution

@Reinqueen777 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried inputting a false answer to bypass the remote TV pairing since you are using a projector?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Reinqueen777 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried inputting a false answer to bypass the remote TV pairing since you are using a projector?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
taysean

Jump to solution

This works. Pick a fake selection, then pairing will fail, and you can choose to "do it later" at that point.

Reinqueen777
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That's such a simple yet logical idea!  I'm heading out of town through Monday, but I'll try it as soon as I get back!  Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Ljtodd

Can’t find BEA brand tv in tv control

Jump to solution

I’m trying to connect my BEA tv to my Roku remote but I don’t see the brand name pop up. Is there another brand name I can use that word work for BEA tvs?

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Can’t find BEA brand tv in tv control

Jump to solution

Hi @Ljtodd

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community. 

We certainly understand that you are setting up your remote to control the TV but it doesn't show the brand of your TV. Could you try the suggested tip posted by @RokuDanny-R above and see if it helps? 

Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos