Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyM246
Reel Rookie

Can't enter login credentials for Netflix or Amazon Prime Video

Jump to solution

I just purchased and setup my first Roku TV and added Netflix and Prime Video channels to my account.  I keep trying to launch both channels to enter my login credentials, and finish the setup.  It looks like it is launching the channel for a few seconds, but then reverts back to the home screen.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't enter login credentials for Netflix or Amazon Prime Video

Jump to solution

@AndyM246 

Did you subscribe through Roku? Or do you have a subscription directly to the services?

Are you able to remove the apps? If so, remove the apps, reboot the Roku, then reinstall the apps. All three steps, in that order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@AndyM246 

Did you subscribe through Roku? Or do you have a subscription directly to the services?

Are you able to remove the apps? If so, remove the apps, reboot the Roku, then reinstall the apps. All three steps, in that order.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
AndyM246
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I already had subscriptions through the services.  Your suggestion worked.  Initially, I added the channels through the Roku website.  This time, I added the channels through the smart tv and it allowed me to enter my credentials.  Not sure if that was what caused the original problem, but thank you for your help!

0 Kudos