Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hebrews110
Channel Surfer

Can't Select Display Type

It goes in an endless loop telling me I haven't confirmed my display type. I have tried many choices. It all brings me back to the same screen of asking me to choose my display type. When I choose auto detect, it tells me what display I have but it always just sends me back to the choose your display type screen (1080 dpi, 4k, etc.). When I make a choice, it says I haven't confirmed. 

This comes up as others having the same problem, but their solutions haven't helped us. This was a Christmas present that has failed! The solutions others said were to make sure you had a proper cable (we're using what came with it) and that your tv isn't in stretch mode. We went into TV settings and "stretch" isn't one of them that we could find. We tried different settings and nothing changed with the Roku.  

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't Select Display Type

After choosing your screen type, when you see the countdown screen, if all looks good click on the "yes" option.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
hebrews110
Channel Surfer

It doesn't go there, as I said. It just loops over and over just bringing me back to the choosing the display type screen. I never get an option to say whether it looks good or not. 

0 Kudos
hebrews110
Channel Surfer

I'm no longer looking for an answer, but if someone has info to help someone else, feel free to post. I have to just not use ROKU since I can't get help. 

0 Kudos

Did you ever come up with a useful answer to this guy's question? I am having the same problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @lancasterpa,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I'd be happy to take a look and help you here. Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue? If it's not much trouble, you can share with us an image or a screenshot of this issue. It'll be very helpful to us.

Keep us posted with more information and we'll be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
ndfanmatt

Yesterday our stream bar wouldn't work at all.  Pressed reset button on back and taken to setup as if it was brand new.  Now I can't get passed the display type.  I use auto select and get to point where it asks if the screen display looks good, I select yes then I get It seems like something went wrong screen and I can't get passed this screen. Select Retry and just comes back to this screen.  CEC is enable on TV, have tried multiple HDMI cables.  Everything worked fine all day yesterday until we got home in the evening then wouldn't work.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@ndfanmatt, can you try it on another TV?  You might also want to unplug the power from the TV for a few minutes and plug it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos