Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eaglegirl

Can Roku Ultra be installed in closet?

Jump to solution

So I just recently bought a Roku ultra. My tv hangs on the wall in the living room but the HDMI cable attached to it runs across the ceiling in the wall to a closet nearby (behind those watching and slightly around corner).  Will I be ok to install Roku Ultra to that HDMI cable?  Will the remote operate ok if I install the Roku there? Basically the Roku box will be in a closet behind me when I am watching.

Right now I have cable and the cable box is attached to the HDMI cable.  My plan was to cancel cable and figured the Roku would connect there and work well but I thought I would double check here first. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can Roku Ultra be installed in closet?

Jump to solution

@Eaglegirl

Thanks for the post.

Since the Roku Ultra remote functions wirelessly rather than IR, you should be perfectly fine with connecting and hiding the Roku device in your closet.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Eaglegirl

Thanks for the post.

Since the Roku Ultra remote functions wirelessly rather than IR, you should be perfectly fine with connecting and hiding the Roku device in your closet.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Yeni

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
BobPh

Jump to solution

Is there a distance concern?  My media closet is about 50 feet from the TV and in another room.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@BobPh, it has to be wired to your TV and 50' high quality HDMI cables aren't cheap unless you have some kind of high-tech solution you're using to get a video signal from this closet to your TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos