Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HungryByteman
Reel Rookie

Can Roku Streambar also amplify my TIVO DVR or do I need to keep soundbar that amplifies the TV?

I just took advantage of Black Friday's $50 off deal and ordered the Streambar and the external speakers.

But hours afterward, I now wonder, will the Streambar also amplify sound coming from my DVR, currently going to the TV as one of three HDMI inputs. Though I rarely watch TV on the TV itself (the DVR records four channels from my antenna), the ZVOX soundbar amplifies both DVR and TV sound (since the DVR goes to the TV first).

Will I need to keep both streambar and soundbar?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can Roku Streambar also amplify my TIVO DVR or do I need to keep soundbar that amplifies the TV?

With the Streambar attached to hdmi-arc input/output on your tv, and tv recognizes the streambar as a cec device, yes the tivo audio will go through your Streambar. The Streambar will replace your tv speakers. The hdmi-arc allows audio and video from the Roku built-in to streambar to seen on your tv. At the same time allow audio from tv and devices connected to the tv to follow to streambar over one cable. If your tv doesn't have an arc input, you will then have to use combination of regular hdmi and optical. Without arc or optical then it won't work.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.