Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PenguinPuck
Channel Surfer

Can I clone my original Roku Ultra 2022 to a 2nd Ultra 2022 (Apps, settings, layout, account info?

Jump to solution

Can I clone my original Roku Ultra 2022 to a second Ultra 2022 (Apps, settings, layout, account info, etc)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can I clone my original Roku Ultra 2022 to a 2nd Ultra 2022 (Apps, settings, layout, account inf

Jump to solution

@PenguinPuck 

Roku devices are linked to Roku accounts.

If you use the same email address when setting up a second Roku device as your first Roku device, then they will be "linked" to the same Roku account.  (your email address is your Roku account). 

The channels/apps/subscriptions available on one device will be available on the other.   If you add or remove a channel/app/subscription on one device, it will add or remove on the second device.  The only thing that does not carry over is the actual layout.  You will have to rearrange the channel/app layout yourself on the second Roku device.

How to add a Roku® streaming device to your Roku account -(https://support.roku.com/article/360000321787)

----

The above is assuming all added devices are in same country.  Can't just move one of the devices to the UK or China and have the same access to the channels/apps as the US based device you left at home.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Can I clone my original Roku Ultra 2022 to a 2nd Ultra 2022 (Apps, settings, layout, account inf

Jump to solution

I hate to tell you, but I do not think you can do that.  
~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
PenguinPuck
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This seems like a natural thing to be able to do.  My cell phones are able to migrate or clone to a new phone.  Looks like a missing feature.  Thank you for your response.  I hope Roku reads this. 🙂

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@PenguinPuck 

Roku devices are linked to Roku accounts.

If you use the same email address when setting up a second Roku device as your first Roku device, then they will be "linked" to the same Roku account.  (your email address is your Roku account). 

The channels/apps/subscriptions available on one device will be available on the other.   If you add or remove a channel/app/subscription on one device, it will add or remove on the second device.  The only thing that does not carry over is the actual layout.  You will have to rearrange the channel/app layout yourself on the second Roku device.

How to add a Roku® streaming device to your Roku account -(https://support.roku.com/article/360000321787)

----

The above is assuming all added devices are in same country.  Can't just move one of the devices to the UK or China and have the same access to the channels/apps as the US based device you left at home.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Vakko
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@PenguinPuck Roku does not use apps. It uses channels. When setting up any new Roku all the channels you had will come over to the new one when you log into your Roku account. Any settings will have to be reset cause those do not migrate over. Same with login information. 

sQualie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Users have been asking for a layout cloning feature for years! What's the hang up?

How hard would it be to have menu options like "Upload current device layout to profile" and "Apply saved layout to this device"?  Less complicated to program than an automatic feature, but still a million times more convenient than having to do it manually over multiple devices.

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@sQualie Sorry but I disagree.  Some users may want layout cloning but many do not.  If you have a Roku device in a child's room you may want to put different apps at the top of the home page.  You can also log out or not login to apps you do not want the child to have access to.   Apps will still appear on the home page but can not be opened by the child without the password for that particular app. 

0 Kudos
sQualie
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@HDMIGuy Did you even read my post?  I'm suggesting a simple method that's NOT automatic but allows you to chose which device to save the layout from and which device you apply it to.  Parental controls are your friend and I'm sure the menus are locked out which would prevent accidental cloning and keep you happy, while also giving me a feature that would make me happy.  Tada!

0 Kudos