Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dtseml
Channel Surfer

Brand new Roku Streaming Stick 4K Resets on its own

2 brand new, out of the box Roku Streaming Stick 4K.  Directly plugged into HDMI on 2 TV's side by side, using the provided Roku Cabling and PSU.  Paired remote, stepped through the OOBE, device auto-updated, and I registered to my account.  While going through the OOBE on the 2nd device, the first one factory reset on its own. 

I put down the remote of the 2nd one, and set the first one back up again.  re-linked to my account, and then finished the setup.  within an hour, the first one again factory reset.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
dtseml
Channel Surfer

New Roku Streaming Sticks, need assistance

Long-time Roku user... first time needing this much support.  I recently purchased 7 more Streaming Stick 4K's for a VRBO property, and have been having a heck of a time with them.  I've been trying to work with Guest Mode, or at least some sort of workflow that I can use these in the rental, so that I can document the process for my guests for self-help.  

This has been short of a nightmare...

Ordering -- I ordered the devices straight from Roku, no confirmation email was sent to me... so aside from the credit charge, I had no clue whether or not the order when through.  I managed to initiate an email ticket through the ordering option, which took 6 days, AND I had already recieved part of my order to be told that the devices had already shipped.

Guest Mode -- this has been a travesty.  7 devices, all setup identically, and not a one of them has the same UX.  some of them restart on their own, some of them fully reset on their own.... they forget their timezones, so checkouts are random and arbitrary, and it seems that if i set a custom message, or interact with them through the account dashboard in any way, I risk them factory resetting.  Great.

Support... I am all for having a community support system, but I have a brand-new device with obvious issues, and no method to report them directly to Roku.  I'm half-tempted to box them up, and get a refund, and go with a chromecast or appleTV.   

Is there TRULY no way to report issues or get technical support from the Roku Mothership???

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Brand new Roku Streaming Stick 4K Resets on its own

@dtseml

Thanks for the post.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dtseml

Thanks for the inquiry.

For order related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Questions about returning my Roku device or managing my order' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

In regards to your Roku device issues, how are you powering each of the Roku devices? Are the devices being powered by the TV USB port or are they plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dtseml
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R  the supplied power adapter and cabling that came in the box, I had noted as such in the original post.

0 Kudos
RokuIrene-S
Retired Moderator

Hi @dtseml

Thanks for the post.

We suggest to try a different USB cable and power adaptor but if the issue persists, please provide the serial number of your Roku device.

All the best,
Irene

0 Kudos
ST5

I'm currently having the same issue. I've tried powering the device using both the TV USB port and wall outlet using the supplied power brick & cord, and it still factory resets every few days. My Streaming Stick (3820) was purchased 12 days ago has factory reset itself 5 times in that span.

I have tried using a different power cord and brick from my other Streaming Stick (older model) and still experienced this issue. It has become really annoying having to go through the set-up process every few days.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@ST5, since you just got it you should take it back to where you got it.  If you ordered it directly from Roku try going here:

Step-by-step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos