Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stocdj15
Channel Surfer

Blinking white light on box

My Roku light is blinking on the little receiver. All I get on the screen is a blue screen and nothing else. I’ve tried everything that I have read on these posts including resetting it, changing the batteries in the remote and restarting my internet. Nothing works! Light just keeps blinking. It did this a couple months ago and fixed itself after a couple weeks. All my other Rokus work perfect and when I move them to this TV they don’t work and the router is about 3 feet away from that spot. I have Roku Express.

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Blinking white light on box

So no Roku works in a certain TV? Is that what you mean? That indicates a TV issue. Which Roku model do you have?

0 Kudos
Stocdj15
Channel Surfer

But it’s not hooked directly to the TV it’s through a receiver and I’ve tried putting it on the TV and that also doesn’t work. All other devices that I hook up to those same HDMI ports do work so it has nothing to do with the TV or ports.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Stocdj15 

You can try restarting both your router and your Roku, but you may have a couple of issues going on.

The blue screen is normally an indicator of no video signal.

The flashing blue/white light is normally an indicator of no network connection.

---

Address flashing blue/white light...

If you have a cable ISP (Xfinity/Comcast, Cox, or AT&T), the first thing to do is to verify that your Wireless Mode in your router is set to b/g/n. (edit your 2.4ghz settings)

Address blue screen..

Next, make sure your Express is plugged into the wall, not the back of your TV and press Home a few times to wake up the Roku.  Unplug and reseat the HDMI cable.  Switch to another HDMI input using the TV remote and then switch back to Roku HDMI.  Try another HDMI port or cable. (Even without a network connection, should be able to get the Roku to show up on the screen).

Post back with an update with Roku model number and ISP (internet service provider) if you need more help or still having issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Which Roku’s models do you have that having the issue? Maybe the Roku that’s having the issue is faulty and no good anymore. Have you tried the faulty Roku on another TV?

0 Kudos
Stocdj15
Channel Surfer

@AvsGunnar  Like I said I’m my original post I have tried all those things to no avail. 

@Streamer317  I can plug it in to another TV and it will work but the other one that I bring to this TV doesn’t work on this TV either all the HDMI ports work for other things that I plug into them.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

What is the Roku model number  of the one you’re having problems with?

0 Kudos
Stocdj15
Channel Surfer

@Streamer317 It’s an Express

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Stocdj15 

Since both these Roku devices work on your other TV... 

Try taking the Roku Express to the working TV and set the display rate to the lowest possible (720p)

Settings/Display Type/ 720p TV  (Do not use Auto Detect).  

Then take the Roku Express back to the suspect TV, plug directly into TV HDMI (bypass your receiver for now) and see if you can now get a video signal.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

@Stocdj15  That’s the name. Model number is something like 3700

0 Kudos