Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
forvalafiva
Reel Rookie

Black Screen Problem tried everything

Okay, so I was on my Roku watching TV when it just goes into a black screen, tried everything, and reset all cables plugged in. NOTHING WORKS. This is sad because I got this 2 months ago and it is just a black screen nothing happens and the power light the red one on the tv, when I press a button on the remote it flickers, Please help Im counting on you all 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Black Screen Problem tried everything

Hi @forvalafiva

Welcome to Roku Community.

Sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your Roku device. We're here to help. Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

To make sure we have tried all possible troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, we suggest you follow this link: What to do if you cannot see the picture from your Roku® streaming player on your TV.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
forvalafiva
Reel Rookie

I dont use a USB Port.

0 Kudos
334thcourt

Did you ever get a resolution for this issue? I am having the exact same issue.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@forvalafiva

Thanks for the response. 

Have you tried the suggested steps provided on the link above for No picture on your TV and see if it helps clear the issue you are experiencing? To clarify, are you seeing a Red Light Solid in front of your device or a Red Light Flashing? 

The FLASH RED shows when your device has insufficient power, the RED LIGHT IS SOLID (not flashing) your device is overheating. Be careful! The unit may be hot. Unplug and remove your device immediately and refer to: go.roku.com/tempcheck

Keep us posted on what you find out. And kindly, include the serial number of your Roku device so we can look into this further. It can be found printed on the bottom or back of the device. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @334thcourt

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We're glad you are here so we can best assist you. Would you mind giving us more details regarding your concern? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

Please let us know any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos