Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bee17

Are you able to set up a ROKU account without using a credit card?

Are you able to set up a ROKU account without using a credit card? I've put the stick in the back. Set up my e-mail and password in the allotted time. Then it asks for a credit card. I don't want to do this as I'm just using free stuff, etc. I didn't see an option to bypass this so I just got out of the screen. ROKU is NOT working on my TV even though I made an account with the e-mail and password.

Not finding a phone number anywhere for the ROKU people so I can ask this question.

1 REPLY 1
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Are you able to set up a ROKU account without using a credit card?

If you're sure you don't want to use a CC, you can create your account at:

https://my.roku.com/signup/nocc

Even if you go in the main way there is a small "skip this step" or something like that, that people often miss.  You can also enter a card and then remove it right after.

I'm not sure what "so I just got out of the screen" means.  If you didn't enter a number or click the appropriate skip link, and just closed a tab or similar, then I suppose it may have never gotten to the part where it sends Roku the activation.