Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdlaub
Streaming Star

Re: Screen mirroring and add accessory in Home not working for Streaming Stick 4k.

So frustrating. I can’t even get customer support to respond to my emails. 

0 Kudos
peter-WI
Reel Rookie

Re: Airplay Code is Not Accepted on iPhone

Works now! Did a software update tonight (Dec 😎 and it works now. Tried mirroring with one iPhone and two iPads: all worked.

0 Kudos
peter-WI
Reel Rookie

I meant December 8th

0 Kudos
rdlaub
Streaming Star

My software says is is up to date.  11.5, build 4235.  Can someone confirm if this is the latest build?  Airplay still is not working.

0 Kudos
JD522
Channel Surfer

Same. Still not working and same version and build as you. 

0 Kudos
rdlaub
Streaming Star

Ok.  Somehow I hot it to work.

I had read on another thread for a different issue that unplugging the Roku stick overnight can sometimes correct issues.  So I left it unplugged overnight and then when I plugged it back in the following day I did another manual update.  It looked like a couple of apps updated and I got a silly message that I had not seen before that said something like "aligning solar panels".  In any event, I then tried airplay and it worked.  I can't tell you why.

Give it a try.  Leave your roku unplugged overnight and then do a manual update.  I hope it works for you.

0 Kudos
Kjstech
Streaming Star

Ours basically does that because at some point after the TV has been off for awhile, it stops sending power out its USB port.  So the next day we’re always greeted by the roku animation when we turn the tv on.

Airplay works fine now for us.  A different issue pops up from occasion, it’s where there’s audio but no video (except for the Roku or App’s UI).  Both DirecTV and Amazon Prime could only hear the audio however YouTube and Disney plus worked fine.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Screen mirroring and add accessory in Home not working for Streaming Stick 4k.

Hi Community users,

At this time, we would recommend trying to reboot your Roku device and then trying to access Airplay again to see if you are still experiencing an issue.

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ivanahtannica
Binge Watcher

Somebody pointed out that after they unpaired their old Roku device from their Apple device, the new one worked. Perhaps this issue only affects those who have another Roku already paired to their Apple device. Does everybody here have multiple Roku devices?

0 Kudos
rdlaub
Streaming Star

I do

0 Kudos