Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jetskiron
Channel Surfer

Activation link goes to Spanish language page

I have the Roku Ultra. I selected English during the initial setup and I received an email with a link to activate device, which is a television. But the link goes to a page that is in Spanish. So I used the Google translate button to fill out as much as I could, but then after completing several Pages using this translate feature, I get taken to a page asking for a link code that is supposed to be displayed on the television. But I could find no link code on the television. Furthermore, on the remote control, the home button does not take me to a homepage. Then after I clicked a button in Spanish "Actualizar", I get an error message saying website error, please contact our support team. I also tried using two different email addresses for the activation link page to be sent to me. It made no difference. LOL it would be nice if I could have someone talk me through this on the phone LOL. Cell phone [personal information removed] thank you

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Activation link goes to Spanish language page

@Jetskiron 

Two things you may not want to do if you want to avoid being scammed by the unscrupulous.

1. Post your phone number in a public forum. (you can use the 3 vertical dots next to your previous message to Edit your posting and remove your phone humber).

2. Start filling out forms in a language you are unfamilar with.

----

Try Factory Resetting your Roku Ultra again (press and hold the Reset button for 30+ seconds) and follow the instructions posted in Roku Support here.

How to set up your Roku® Ultra - https://support.roku.com/article/223372368

-------

If you run into issues, then an additional Roku article is available here.

How to activate or link your Roku® streaming device - https://support.roku.com/article/235180868

----

When you are entering info during the activation process, make sure the web address is a Roku web address.  Follow the link directly that is in email.  (do not copy/paste this address into a browser as sometimes the default action of a browser is to conduct a search rather than launch the intended target web address).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

This is the first time I have heard of this one.  Are you in the US?  I’m wondering if the webpage you get is associated with your IP address or they decide the language in some other way.

0 Kudos
Jetskiron
Channel Surfer

Yes I am in the usa. Central California. I have no idea why the language would change in the middle of the activation process LOL. I have had these same email addresses for 25 years. I would love to be able to post some screenshots of these pages, but I don't see where that is available in this messaging.

0 Kudos
Jetskiron
Channel Surfer

Well I may have solved part of the problem, the part with the pages suddenly changing to Spanish from English. I was using the Opera browser on my Samsung Galaxy Android phone, then I switched to the Chrome browser on the Android phone, and at least now the pages are coming up in English. But I am still getting an error message that the Roku website is down in the message box instructs me to close the browser and reopen it again LOL. So I will keep working with this LOL. Does this forum service not allow screenshots to be attached to posts?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Jetskiron 

In the message box, look for the camera icon (Photos).  This will allow you to upload screenshots.

Click on image to enlarge.

Reply_Screenshot.png

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

You might want to try on a computer.  I’ve seen a number of threads where people had problems with the roku website on a phone that went away with a computer. 

Jetskiron
Channel Surfer

Here is a screenshot of the page that comes up when I click activate device in the email from Roku

Screenshot_20220929-140407.jpg

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

The URL is at google translate.  Were you aware that you are accessing Roku’s website through a translation intermediary? 

0 Kudos
Jetskiron
Channel Surfer

Sorry for the delay Strega. No, I was not aware that it was a Google Translate page. I reset Chrome as my default browser, so I will see where that activate device Link in the activation email takes me on Monday. Thank you

0 Kudos