Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Activation: terrybestone@outlook.com

Jump to solution

I am setting up a new Roku devise and already have an account from previous purchases.

I'm at the point where the TV screen asks me to enter my email address. However, I have nothing

to be able to enter the email onto the tv screen. How do I get the email address onto the TV so that

I can proceed with the setup and streaming? I am currently using my laptop to send this message.

Thank You

Terry

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: RE: Activation: terrybestone@outlook.com

Jump to solution

@TerryKochanowsk, did you try pressing OK on the remote?  Try that button or experiment with the other buttons.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
ahwang14

Re: Can't activate my new smart device with RokuChannel

Jump to solution

For me, I did click on the link and entered my login credentials and I get an error message: "We detected the email you are trying to activate did not match the one in your account. Please try again." Later, I tried again and I still get the same error message.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Activate set up not working

Jump to solution

Hi @Brittany23

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Please be advised that Roku Premier is only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on the 2.4 GHz spectrum. Ensure that your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to.

You can also try configuring your router and use wireless channels 1, 6, or 11 which are the preferred channels in North America. Each time you change the wireless channel, you will likely need to apply/save changes before you are prompted to restart the router.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
geardoc47
Reel Rookie

Re: Activation wont send a email link to the account i have but will send to a new email

Jump to solution

How does one send a private message?

I have the  problem:

won't send an email link to the account i have but will send to a new email 

I had an acct with (1) roku device & want to add a second, but your system returns "the email you provided isn't working".

The address is via vfemail.net

Geardoc47

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Activation wont send a email link to the account i have but will send to a new email

Jump to solution

@geardoc47, to send a private message you click on the person's name which takes you to their profile.  There should be an option there to send a message.

To clarify, you have a device that's already linked to the vfemail mail account and you want to link a second device to the same account?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
DWMills
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My actual problem is that Roku has some kind of "security"? that can't see my Email ?Server/address/connection?

"sorry, the email you provided isn't working"

is the constant error msg I get.

WTF, this email works on every other web connection I access.

I am lost.

Greg

0 Kudos
DWMills
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Does anyone know what the meaning is of their statement  "sorry, the email you provided isn't working"  ?

I AM providing the email user name ON the account.

What ISN'T WORKING??

0 Kudos
Bob28
Reel Rookie

Re: Activation of Roku Express 4k

Jump to solution

Can someone help with activation????? Have done everything, factory reset, but i dont get an email.. I have an account but get NO email..I didnt know it takes month to register.

Can someone help please????????????????????

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Activation of Roku Express 4k

Jump to solution

Hello @Bob28

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

We would recommend performing a factory reset on the affected device then try linking your existing Roku account once again.

Performing a factory reset using the hardware reset button

1. On the back or bottom of each Roku device is a reset button. On some devices, there is a tactile button, while other devices have a pinhole button. 
  2. If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paperclip to perform the factory reset.
  3. Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for about 10 seconds.
  4. The indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.

For more information, check out this Support article: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku® streaming device

If still no dice, reply here with the serial number of the Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos