Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Activation

Jump to solution

@Ronnie158 

Thanks for the update.

Are you powering the Roku device through a wall outlet, or are you using the TV USB port.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue of activating your device, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Ronnie158
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

RokuDanny:

Finally Sucess! 
itried another Roku on the TV that I had been using trying to activate the gifted unit

.The Roku screen informed me that the TV didn’t have enough power using the USB!

Plugged in a power module and all was ok.

Installed the Roku that wouldn’t activate, using the power module.

I was able to activate the problem Roku Express on the first try!

Please pass this along to others as a first step if activation is a problem! I spent way too much of my time, and yours, in getting this unit activated.

Thanks for your help!!

Do you have someone in your company I could talk to about getting Rokus to families involved with Habitat for Humanity? I volunteer there and have suggested to management that the families getting a house should be introduced to the Roku method of cord cutting.

in our area they could save about $100/mo. by getting away from cable. For these families this would be a major improvement in their cash flow. We do 2 to 4 houses a year with our Habitat. Be glad to discuss this further if you have questions.

DAve Patrickson

Marysue007

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. I already reset roku and wifi. I don't have alternate wifi hotspot. Please help. 

0 Kudos
sjob58

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have done several factory resets.  Roku does not send my email the activation link.

Susan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@sjob58 

Thanks for the post.

If you are unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
itchy76

Jump to solution

it wont send a email to link to I have a account i have but will send to a new email account

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @itchy76,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Could you please send us a private message with your Roku email address and the serial number/device id of the Roku device?

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
CS25

Re: New Roku Premier not sending activation link

Jump to solution

one hour later no code. Yes i reset twice, yes i checked email

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: New Roku Premier not sending activation link

Jump to solution

Hello @CS25

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

For further assistance, please reply here with the serial number of your Roku device. It can be located at the back or underneath the player itself.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: Activation YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE WORST!

Jump to solution

This is not a resolution. This is a bull**bleep** run around answer! Send an actual link to connect the device bot the obvious trouble shooting methods that have already been followed multiple times.

0 Kudos