Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A mess regarding Roku Premiere, and Streambar

I have the Roku Premiere set up and working correctly, but I dont have a tv. I have an acer monitor with no speakers. So I had a friend give me a Roku Streambar with no remote. When I split the Roku HDMI into two outputs, one for the Acer and one for the streambar, the only thing the streambar does is flash orange. I cannot get it to work correctly with the Premire remote.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: A mess regarding Roku Premiere, and Streambar

You don't connect a Roku device to a Streambar - the Streambar is a Roku device.  Connect the Streambar to the monitor and see if you get a display.  If the Streambar works there's no need for the Premiere.  You should probably factory reset the Streambar - with the power connected press and hold the reset button for no less than 30 seconds.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: A mess regarding Roku Premiere, and Streambar

A Roku Premiere remote would control the streambar Roku functions,  but with no volume keys you won't  be able to control the sound. Get voice remote from walmart or best buy and pair it to the streambar. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.