Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vagnello86

5g Wifi network only - Roku Ultra 2022

Jump to solution

I am not finding my network on the initial setup, which is 5g only. How do I get this box to recognize 5g during the second step of initial setup?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 5g Wifi network only - Roku Ultra 2022

Jump to solution

@Vagnello86 

The Roku Ultra is dual band, and should see your 5 GHz network. Now, if it's a DFS channel your router is using, Roku won't see those. Ensure it's using a channel below 49 or above 148, 20 MHz bandwidth.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Vagnello86 

When you say 5G, do you mean you're using a cellular-based Internet connection? Or are you meaning 5 GHz WiFi? Because those are different things.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Vagnello86

Jump to solution

5ghz Wifi 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Vagnello86 

The Roku Ultra is dual band, and should see your 5 GHz network. Now, if it's a DFS channel your router is using, Roku won't see those. Ensure it's using a channel below 49 or above 148, 20 MHz bandwidth.

DBDukes

Vagnello86

Jump to solution

Ok I will try that, thank you.

0 Kudos