Roku setup

From linking a device to your account to adding channels, find Roku setup troubleshooting help and activation support from our community support forum.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chicitystream
Reel Rookie

2 month old Express 4K+ -- bouncing logo, reboot wont work, warranty processing fails

I bought one of these instead of an Apple TV - and now I am remembering why I always buy Apple. Just a totally terrible experience, from both the issue and the support. Can anyone help?

1. Roku Express 4K+. Was working fine for 2 months.

2. Yesterday, it wouldn't turn on. I unplugged and replugged it in. Bouncing logo.

3. Now, it's stuck. Have done factory reset procedure, all the things. Nothing

4. Tried to request warranty replacement. That part of the site errors out in Chrome / Safari (you say you bought it from Amazon, and then poof, site disappears). iPhone and Mac - tried both.

What gives??? How on earth do I a) fix it or b) replace it??? Am I just out of luck here?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
chicitystream
Reel Rookie

Re: 2 month old Express 4K+ -- bouncing logo, reboot wont work, warranty processing fails

BTW - 

1. Yes, I am using a power adapter that came with

2. To reset, I have tried holding the button on the back for 10 seconds, and 30 seconds. Both to no avail.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 2 month old Express 4K+ -- bouncing logo, reboot wont work, warranty processing fails

It has to be more than 30 seconds, and it has to be powered when factory resetting. You will have to re-pair the wifi remote to the Roku to set the language and go on from there. Do this with NEW batteries!!

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Lapeanja

Agreed!!  Exact same issue and questions!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Lapeanja

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chicitystream
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny,

The roku just turns on and the logo bounces. I have tried to hold the reset button for 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 60 seconds, etc. and it just goes to black. When I unplug and plug back it in, it is bouncing.

Just appears to be dead.

Any ideas? The warranty form online errors out too...

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@chicitystream

Thanks for the response.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Hello Roku Employee.

i am having the same issue with

Roku Express 4K+
SN: S07P515YFJTC

bought it last fall.
has worked great until 3 days ago it just stopped working.

Stuck on the ROKU logo screen.
have tried unplug re-plug. reset button for 10, 30, 60 seconds. have reset wifi network.

please connect me with a Support person or someone who can help with a replacement.

thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

0 Kudos